Monday, July 18, 2011

Komen peminat Liverpool terhadap skuad Malaysia


Liverpools 2nd pre season friendly put them up against Malaysia XI.
I always find it weird when a league team plays a country, its almost like we are taking the mick.
The game started off quite well I thought. Malaysia were always going to be better than Guangdong and that was evident in the first 15 minutes. It was a tougher approach from the Malaysians which I think shocked us at first. Tackles were going in harder and I thought to myself this will be a good game.
Then it started to drag a bit. The first goal by Adam was from the spot, it was only right for him to take it as the cross he put in for Carroll (who fell too easy) was just superb. Adam had to take the spot kick twice as the first one was whistled. Both times he sent the keeper ther wrong way.
Then the game dragged on a bit again, and again just at the end of the first half we concede a goal. Freekick expertly taken that I don’t think Reina would of stopped. However I reckon he would of sorted the wall out a bit better.

1-1 First half.
Second half started slow and the game only really started to get interesting from the 55 minute mark. Again the team was completely changed by the assistant coach while Kenny was at home finalising the Downing deal.
There was some amazing crosses being put in by Aquilani, I really hope he doesn’t go. A calamity in the Malaysian area led to N’Gog tapping it in. His 2nd goal of the pre season friendlies. Before I even got up he had blasted another 1 in to make it 1-3. Quality goal I must add.
Maxi then added a 4th from an Insua cross after a immaculate pass from Aquilani…..AGAIN.
At this point I thought it was going to get silly and thought it was going to end up 5,6,7-1. However this wasn’t the case. We were completely cut open and made to look silly and Malaysia scored again. It was actually miles offside but hey we’ll let them have that one. They scored again within minutes to make it 3-4 and they looked like they were coming back into the game. If I could hit people through the screen I would of slapped Hansen and kyrgiakos. Even I could of dealt with their 3rd goal.

But all the home celebrations were quietened ‘sort of’ with the 2nd goal from Maxi to make it 3-5. Dirk Kuyt has to take credit for his superb cross that gave Maxi the easy 6 yard tap in with his head.
In the time added on the work horse Kuyt finished it off by scoring. It was absolute brilliance from Aquilani who put Kuyt through. Aquilani was definitely the best player on the field today. If he stays, the premier league better watch out for us.

Shay Taylor

0 comments: